Tuesday, February 16, 2010

4 years old!!!

Yet another year has gone by. Today is the songbird's birthday. 4 glorious years old. What does she want? Nothing. Well we are just 2 months outside Christmas, so as you can guess, there isn't much she wanted that she didn't already get. But that is not to say we got her nothing. Hello Kitty is the theme for her birthday. I have my own thoughts about that (Think Maneki Neko, not obtrusively bad, but certainly good fortune for Sanrio), but anyway that is what she wanted, and hence what she got. We were struggling with a place to hold her birthday this year. I'm all about not having it at your house, because if you do have it at your house you have to clean... twice and me and my wife weren't up for that.

We looked around here locally, in fact my daughter at first said to have it where we had it last year, the Sandbox. But see my daughter almost never wants to try anything new. And we were not going to be stuck in a rut come every February. The pottery place and the Build-a-Bear places were no longer in business. So what to do what to do?

We decided to give it to Chuck. It was further than we would have liked, but we could offset that by the fact that there likely wouldn't be as many kids coming, and we could take her to the Build-a-Bear in Savannah. Who doesn't like Chuckie? Yeah I know, but it is for the kids right?

What did I get my daughter?




Awwww yeah, She be cruising the neighborhood in style (along with a baby doll). We got it like that. Matching helmet and pads are just the whipped cream or frosting for an already tasty cake. Happy Birthday my little songbird!

No comments: