Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Love Day

Are you feeling all loved up? It seems that with this cold weather I just want to snuggle under the covers. One of our fellow BlogJam members, who lives where it really snows now, described the cold we have down here as bone chilling. I think she is right. Having lived out west and up north I think the kind of cold we have around here has got to be the worst.

For one thing, we aren't equipped for it. All I have is a heat pump in my house. Which does the job, but it never makes you feel warm. It just can't. Most people don't have fireplaces or wood stoves either. I know they have those little fireplaces but you can't warm a house with that.

There is only 10 degrees that separates us from Denver. Now I know, you really can't compare. But you can. For one thing there is no humidity up there, whereas we have it by the boatloads down here. It is damp, cold, and really, miserable here. It is very cold, crisp, and they have snow (or could have) there. I'll change my tune once this cold turns to summer, but man it can not happen soon enough.

Anyway, feeling the lovin' yet? Me? Not so much either. It is hard to keep a romance burning when you have kids, bills, sickness, taxes, and a myriad of other things to worry about. Not saying it is impossible, but it does make it hard. And who cares if you pick just one day to show your one true love, that you do in fact love him/her? I would think that they might need a little more attention than just one day. I love my honey. And though we have been through a lot lately, with the medical laundry list that we have built up, we did that together, and I can't think of another person I would rather do that with. :o)

But that is just me.

No comments: