Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Endorse... Child Like Happiness

The littlest version of us... that is the baby, thinks everyone and everything is funny. Why is that? I haven't got a clue. But man what I wouldn't give to be that happy again. I don't think I've been that happy, even under various drugs and alcohol. I'm just saying, life is awesome when you are 4 months old. I think it pretty much keeps that level of awesomeness until about age 5, from there it slacks off a bit, and then goes away completely when you have a job.

Not to say that grownups don't know what makes them happy, but they are anywhere near as happy as a baby. I can't ever think of a time where I could poop in my pants, have somebody clean me up, and be beaming with joy. Maybe when I'm 80, though I doubt it.

So here's to being young, though none of us will ever be young again, maybe you have kids or grand kids and you can see that kind of happiness in them, that kind of happy that can not be weighted down with bills, or taxes, or really anything. I feel sad because once they do (the children) understand about the world, they cannot have as much fun as before, so take it in while you can.

No comments: