Monday, February 8, 2010

Them Crooked Vultures

So we have one Dave Grohl, the lead singer/guitarist of the Foo Fighters, and drummer for Nirvana and John Paul Jones, the bassist of the legendary Led Zeppelin, and Josh Homme The lead singer for Queens of the Stone Age. The first two I say right on, the last um, I don't know.

Them Crooked Vultures is a rock-blues sort of band. I'm a little pissed that they really don't make anything available on their own site, but there are ways around that, still it does make me a bit put off. But if you want to check out their website, go here.

The album is kind of Led Zeppelin but with a bit more rock in it. They sound a little like The Black Keys, but I don't like them as much as The Black Keys. Super Groups are pretty old hat by now, but this one is still worth listening to... for free, do I regret buying their CD? Yes and no, I think it is good music, I just have to be in the right mood and in the right situation... The CD does not have that got to hear song on it. But to each his or her own...



No comments: