Sunday, November 15, 2009

We Are All Sick (Well Most of Us Anyway)

So I'm standing here... not really, but you know what I mean, and we have had a bit a of a scare, in the swine flu way. We never were tested, and the doctors say it is your average virus, but you can't say that to my wife. Basically it started with the teenager, because we all don't know what kind of gross cooties are crawling all over them. From there it went to the 3-year-old. And we started to worry a bit. Then my wife got it.

Not good, not good at all. So now it is me and the baby. I don't really get sick that much anymore, but when I was younger, when everyone else got sick, I would catch the cold two or three times over. So maybe that is karma looking out for me, maybe I got sick so much when I was a kid, I won't get sick so much as an adult. Maybe...

Meanwhile, the baby... well she has her own little antibodies and whatnot. Plus my wife is a borderline lunatic about being clean, washing your hands, using hand sanitizer, etc. thus protecting the baby even more. Though I remember some article somewhere saying that you were more likely to get sick from your baby than you were to make your baby sick, especially if you are breastfeeding. But I can't find anything to verify or refute that, so I will say what will happen, will happen, you can try to steer it in one way or another, but there is no way to know if your efforts were justified. But anyway, knock on wood, and hope I don't get it too.

No comments: