Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Didn't Vote

I must be honest. I didn't vote. There is a reason why, not that it matters now, but it didn't matter anyway. I didn't vote because the last time I voted it didn't count, or what I mean is... I was supposed to vote for the town council, but didn't and the town and the state didn't care. Maybe if I would have made a stink then , maybe I wouldn't have that opinion, but seriously, who cares? Not many.

Maybe I will some other time, but for now, I am happy in my own little world, with my wife and 3 kids and the business of all that... to worry about the city council, and after all, my vote doesn't count anyway.

Maybe if the candidates would have made their intentions known, or maybe if I bothered to look for them, but I honestly don't believe them anyway, so I didn't vote. Will I vote again? Surely. But they need to get this whole thing figured out, and they need to instill voter confidence. I'm still waiting on that. I have a feeling I'll be waiting a long time.

No comments: