Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Got Ripped Off, Maybe

So we went to the Christmas in the South over the weekend. Which was good, I mean we went somewhere, and stimulated the economy. I think it is a step above a flea market, but hey, you just never know. Anyway we went, we bought, we got pooped out.

Before we left, we saw this hammock chair. And my wife just had to have one... sorta' I mean we all need something to say is ours, and ours only. She had this vision of it up on our balcony. So I say it is hers.

Now I know we paid way to much for it, but that's the thing about going to these type of shows, you don't know how much they've ripped you off until it is too late. But we are happy with it anyway. It does some "stuff" that cheaper ones don't and hopefully that money we spent will do more for our own country, instead of China... Just hoping that the guy we bought from doesn't get his from China.

So this is my 3rd weekend in a row that I have something to do on the weekend.

1st is was the clean out the dryer, perform feats of amazing contortion, and cursing

2nd was to paint the balcony you see pictured above, at least the underside (I know from this angle, it is not painted) which involved a ladder (because it is on the 2nd story) , also some contortion, but mainly reaching and painting, and curses.

And finally this, which doesn't seem so bad right? It isn't, but it is... It involves making a hole, and the stud finder would not work on the plastic, (yes there are a few extra holes now) and screwing a really fat closed loop wood screw at a funny angle. And of course cursing because I never have what I need to do a job. It is my bad karma I guess, I have to find ways to engineer a way around it. Which I did, and everything is good now. My wife, when not having to deal with the baby, can sit and relax, in her hammock chair. Proving that life really is good.

No comments: