Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wash Day

So my wife told me that the dryer makes everybody's clothes smell like mildew. I take a look, because that is what husbands do, and I do find a bunch of lint, but no definite problem of where the mildew smell is coming from. I take the hose (that is metal, because a plastic one would be a fire hazard) and clean it out, plus clean out the actual dryer. It is now completely clean.

Next comes the hard part. Putting it all back together again. It took the efforts of Chinese contortionist, plus a healthy dose of muttering and curses, and it finally got back together. Sorta'. I mean, it is not like the days when I was a kid, and we had a little separate room just outside the back door. Sure you had to worry about getting attacked from flying roaches (this was in New Orleans), but at least there was enough room to do what you needed to do.

It is all done now. I think. I mean I will have to run a few loads, see if everything stays together and see if the mildew smell ever went away.

No comments: