Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ever Get One of "Those" Phone Calls?

So I get a phone call, middle of the morning, it is my wife, and she says... The car battery is dead. Great, "I'll be there in just a minute honey". Now I should back up, because Honda (the maker of my car) told me they thought the battery was going dead about a month or so ago. They tried to tell me, but I would believe them not really... well that isn't so either.

I had planned to go get the battery checked by Auto-Zone or whatever, but things just kept me from doing it. And so now I pay the price. The really weird part is, this car is only 3 years old, most batteries are good for 5, but that doesn't help me now.

I rush away from work, go get a battery, and meet my wife where she is parked at Hallmark/Kroger. I brought my work tool kit with me, because I was sick and tired of not having the right tools, and work is so much better at making sure you have everything you would need. Well, not really because everything on my car is metric, and what do I have? Standard. I am howling inside, because this is my curse, to always not have what I need to do a job.

Also I should note that Honda makes their batteries out of gold, because they are so expensive and they don't have a handle on them, probably as a theft deterrent. I eventually get the battery loose and out and put the new battery in, but lord have mercy, it could have gone a little smoother, just a little. Maybe, at least next time we'll have a handle, that is if nobody steals it... lol

No comments: