Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Where You Goin'?

In my house, we have 4 people, and they each go somewhere different. The 14-year-old gets up first, and for all intents and purposes she is gone away at school, she also get's home first. My wife is the next one up, though not while she is on bed rest... so that means I get up next. I start my day with taking my meds so we don't have to endure another stroke, everyday, I never miss them, and next participate in the three "S's" (it's an army term, two of the three is shower and shave, I'll let you figure out what that other one is).

And then I go rouse my 3-year-old, or maybe my wife does, (she is not supposed to, but you learn to pick your battles) and we get ready, you know get dressed, brush hair, put shoes on, that kind of thing. God, I miss my wife, as she used o do all of that. And then we head down stairs, get our lunches/breakfasts and head out the door. Which leaves my wife, at home, lonely I know, but that is life on bed rest.

So at this point we all are at our different places and when it comes time to go home, the 14-year-old makes it in first, (technically my wife never left, but anyway) and then me and my 3-year-old. And we all come together for the family dinner. I mean, if I think about it, that is pretty amazing. We always have at least one meal together, and more often than not, it is dinner (who can get up early enough to do breakfast on a week day?)

So I'm wondering, am I strange, or do other people do this too? Or is it something completely different? Tell me and let me know.

No comments: