Sunday, October 4, 2009

I Got Bamboozled...Once

I let myself in on something my wife has known for awhile now. You see with the weather getting cooler, my 3-year-old wants to wear a jacket or sweater to school. Since I am the one taking her to daycare... well, I'm the one who takes care of all of this.

Now it really isn't that cold, but my daughter is a slave to fashion, hell she wants to wear one of those winter hats/beanies as it is, and it does no good to argue with her on this, because it will create much more whining and crying than I am prepared for, so I just get her whatever. She has a hook on the closet door, so it really isn't all that bad... at home anyway.

But when it comes to daycare... well that is a different story altogether. My daughter wants to take her jacket off once we are at school. And normally, we go to breakfast, I get her a napkin and spoon, lay whatever she picked for the day out, kiss her and I'm on my way. But now I have to take her jacket, which I learned the hard way, all the way to her room.

I say I learned the hard way because I spoke to my wife, and she tells me "Yeah, I just take it after I drop her off." See she (the 3-year-old) suckered me into letting her take it down to the room (all the way on the other side of daycare) and all of the things that distract her, thus slow everything down.

All of this wouldn't matter except I do have to get to work, and it is not exactly the ideal situation because her daycare is not exactly on the way to work. But all of that is not even thought about in the mind of a 3-year-old. So come next time I won't be suckered again, at least I don't think I will...

No comments: