Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Different Experience

The excitement and suspense is building. I really find it hard to believe that I am going to be a father again. But there is no magic like when my first kid was born... who I thought was a puppy. It is kind hard to explain, but I'll try. See she was a natural birth, and as she was crowning, and I could see was the back of her head. They don't really teach you or you really don't see that on TV, so I thought I would just go with it none of the nurses or doctor acted like anything was wrong, so I wasn't going to either.

My second kid, well, we thought it would be natural, and we went through everything to have it natural, but it just wasn't to be. The doctor cut my wife open, and bam, we had the baby. With this one, we still have the pregnancy issues, but there is a time scheduled, there is no randomness to it. That doesn't mean that once she is here I won't love her, because I will. It is just kind of... fake, though I know it is not. So this is a different experience. I think it's that there is no surprise in it, but I could be wrong.

1 comment:

"P. B." said...

Each time is different, and each child is different, MH. All four of mine were "natural" births, although for #4 I was so tired when I got to the hospital that the relaxing demerol put me all the way out and I awakened completely unaware that I had already given birth. The psych eval was something new in my OB experience. :>)

Congratulations to all and God bless you and Mrs. MH for going along with His plan for your family. She's beautiful!