Saturday, October 24, 2009

Well an Update... Sorta'

Well, I really don’t know how to say this, but anyway, our baby spent some time in the NICU. She is still in there as you read this. It is hard, because I thought everything would be fine and I would have time to post this…. Now I can’t really leave the hospital, and the hospital has no network, so who knows when I’ll get around to posting this.

My daughter has TTN. Basically it is a common problem, ok not common, but they do see it with C-section babies. She is breathing too fast. It was pretty bad in the beginning. She had to be put under a O2 hood, she had a tube going up her nose down into her stomach as her stomach was distended, had an IV, ECG leads, and a pulse oximeter on her foot. To look at her it was worse than her actual condition.

From the beginning she started out at 40% O2, and she has improved to needing only 25%, normal “room air” O2 is at 21%. So we are hopeful. And that is all we can do, is wait and hope. She is getting better, it is just a question of when and how much.


No comments: