Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Lease on Life (The Fall Garden)

So it has come to pass, that I would inherently do yet another garden. Previous attempts have not done all that great. I think it's because it's located next to my garage, and therefor all the rain water that hits the garage, hits the garden, and also I was following some ill-informed advice of somebody that has no clue how things grow around here. So how am I going to fix that? I really don't know. I have a virtual swamp to deal with.

First I think I'll deal with drainage. I have to drain at least some of the water off. And that is what I did. Well, me and my teenager daughter, I mean I am lazy, and she usually did something wrong so I get free labor all the time... but mostly I'm just lazy. I mixed two bags of sand I had just laying around, and made two rows, or more like I dug a shallow trench down the middle.

I also plan to dig a little trench but still keep the grass, sort of like the seines between houses around here. Still, there is much work to do...

No comments: