Monday, June 8, 2009

The Master


So by the time you read this, my wife will be a master naturalist. Saying that here in my own blog has a special meaning to me. You see she started this two years ago... and stopped half way through because I had a stroke. Well, that is all behind me now and now she can put this behind her too.

It is just one more thing we can put "away" as it were. There is no extra money for her, maybe prestige, but that is about it. She has learned more about the area, and in turn taught me a few things too. And I guess she can take me on trips now as well, but I will never have the master naturalist in my name.

I really would like to kayak around here (I've never ever been) just to see if I like it... and that is something my wife has done as well, but children are preventing us from trying that any time soon. I know, this is what I wanted, but still, I can't help but wonder... If one of our parents lived nearby and would watch the kids... just for a few hours... ah well, I guess we just have to play the cards we're dealt.

So this will be behind us, a year delayed, and I can't tell you how awful I feel about it all, but it isn't like you can wait a couple of months or year to have a stroke, hell I really didn't even know I had one until I got out of bed... and even then I was in denial.

I'm proud of my wife, who completed this pregnant, which just adds to the good deeds she did. All hail... the Master.....

No comments: