Monday, June 15, 2009

Garden Update: Week 17

Yes, I know, I missed a whole week of updating the garden (there is no Sunday post either, which up until now, could be a personal record). It was a busy week for me. Things are growing like crazy, the best has to be tomatoes, I didn't even think they would make it when we put them outside. Some have green tomatoes on them now. The cucumbers are growing too, if you remember I had to start over with them because of torrential rain killed this first batch. They were the star performers, until the rains came. Anyway, even with the 4-6 week delay, because I had to replant, they are looking good, with blossoms a plenty. Finally the peppers, well they were what I called the best after the rains killed the cucumbers, and the tomatoes were too 'stringy' to make it (or so I thought, if you look real close you can see, the 'maters have a 'curve to them) these were going to be my pride and joy... I don't think so now. I'm still going to hold out hope, because the peppers did pretty good last year, but compared to the other two, they have a long way to go.


No comments: