Monday, June 15, 2009

Class Dismissed

So my wife was told about a day before school let out for the year that what she thought was going to be moved by the district was in fact her responsibility. That really isn't the problem, though there was quite a bit of "holy shit, where am I going to put everything?"... anyway, in the past the district has always come to the aid of the teacher and help move things at the end of the year... especially if the teacher is moving, and even more so if the teacher is moving to a new school (within district of course).

Well the thing is this year, we have this economy and we have cutbacks, which is forcing even more people to move... that they just can't afford to move everyone. And that is fine, if they would just let those that are moving have access to their old room until their new one becomes available... hence the "holy shit, where am I going to put everything?" mantra. Instead they have to turn in their key on the last day, have everything out of their room before then, which causes... stress.

So I came to my wife/teacher's aid when nobody else would. packed all of her stuff, which was a lot (30-40 boxes/tubs) and I feel it now. Because on top of everything else, my wife is pregnant, and can't lift anything too heavy. Luckily for me, I had my daughter, the 13-year-old to help. But oh my God! First we had to straighten up the garage, which we needed to do anyway, then we made a phone call to Salvation Army or Goodwill, or something and had the old bedroom donated, then the book getting began. I don't think you really know how heavy books can be, that is until you try to move them.

So now we are stress free-ish, and summer can commence well, my wife has Summer Institute, but that is only for a week, then summer vacation can officially begin, though I will still be coming to work...

No comments: