Saturday, June 13, 2009

Birthday

So the time has come... yet again. It seems like it just happens once a year. Ok that was a bad joke, but you get the gist of it. From my 6 year old birthday... the one in Brechtel Park in which I had a pinata, but the pinata was empty... because my mom forgot to fill it. (I still give her shit about that...Imagine putting a home rum strike into the pinata and nothing comes out) To a party at Showbiz Pizza, before the whole Chuckie Cheese thing took off, to a backyard party, in which I got a small swimming pool, or to later when my wife orchestrated my mom coming out (with no pinata) without me even knowing about it, and giving me the nicest party ever.

I'm having another party, it's not really a birthday party, just some folks over for some BBQ, cold drinks, and good friends. The reason we are not having a "birthday party" is because we don't want it to be that kind of party. It is just good friends getting together. The fact that it is on my birthday just makes it special to me. No gifts, just friendship. It doesn't get better than that.

No comments: