Friday, February 29, 2008

I Stepped Up

Well I went to the pile of shit that was the "stepping up" meeting... maybe it wasn't shitty, but it really wasn't anything new or different and certainly it was not helpful. Basically do the right things, lalala, all that kind of garbage. I think kids come to some kind of point where they're either going to make it, or they aint, and there really isn't anything we can do about it. We can pretend if we want to, but I know in my case if she's going to make it, she'll do it on her own. Maybe there might be a teacher or someone else that sparks her interest, but ultimately it's up to her.

Still the school has to do something. And so they did, it's not for lack of trying, but honestly maybe quit trying to help the unhelpable and start doing something with the kids in between. That and don't let school board members talk for 30 minutes. I would have much rather heard from teachers... the people right there with kids... than a school board member that had his kids in school 20-30 years ago.

Yeah I stepped up, but it turns out I stepped right back down again.

EDIT - And then I stepped in it. HARD.

No comments: