Monday, February 11, 2008

I Endorse the Zoo

So we went to the zoo over the weekend. Which started out great, the ending not so good but it was fun. We saw the sights and my 2-year-old loved it, but I think I'll give it another year or so before I try it again. Kids have a whole different way of viewing at the zoo than its designers intended. The main reason for this I think is height involved.

My daughter was intrigued with the bars, the meaningless shrubbery, basically anything about knee high. She also liked anything she could see, like the penguins, fish, and tortoises. She could have probably stayed in one place because she really didn't realize that we wanted to see yet more animals, instead crying the horrors of us dragging her away from the last place. Maybe she'll get it next time... maybe.

By the end of the day she was done, and showed us by falling asleep as we were going to the car. Never mind that up until that point just being around her was next to impossible. But I guess that didn't matter anyway, because I was pretty much spent too. For certain, the zoo is not something for the weak at heart. Still it was an all day event, and it was well worth the drive, money, and energy used to make it all happen. They even had lots of places to hold your kid prisoner... I mean photographic opportunities, to enjoy.

She still talks about it. Mostly talks about the monkeys that I can tell anyway. She’s got a monkey that she must have with her, which was preceded by the baby, the dog, and pooh. This was supposed to be about the zoo, Riverbanks specifically, but it turned into an everything 2-year-old post instead, can you tell we’re whipped?

No comments: