Saturday, June 26, 2010

Psssst... Hey, Guess What?

Me and my wife took a day for ourselves. We, or rather I took a day off, she pretty much has the summer off. We took the two younger kids to daycare, the teenager we left alone, and we took off for the beach. Yep, no pack & play, no umbrella, no wagon, just two beach chairs, and some towels. Oh to be young again.

That is not to say we don't like to go to the beach with the kids. I'm just saying, it is by far easier to go just us two, than to drag everything with us, like when you have kids.

Ok I was writing this mid-week so I could fill in the blanks later... then the songbird became ill. It never ceases to amaze me. At just about each and every planned event, a kid gets sick. I swear it is a conspiracy. It has to be, what else could explain it? I know the kids aren't making themselves sick, just to spite us, but dang.

Well it turned out we did wind up going to the beach, just the two of us, for just a few hours, and man it was good. Just sitting on the beach, enjoying the sand, surf, and sun. Ah yes, it was good but the kids were waiting fir us when we got back. So it was only for a 2-3 hours jaunt instead of an all day thing, but I'll take it.

No comments: