Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blackberry Cobbler

So I got this hair up my ass... I know where there are a whole lot of blackberries growing. But you see they aren't so easy to get to. Me and my dad used to go when I was a kid and we'd usually find them around junk that nobody wanted anymore... and we called them junk berries. So anyway, I got this mess of blackberries, that me and the 14-year-old worked hard for, got the scrapes and scratches to prove it. We want to make some blackberry cobbler.

So I look around on the internet... and I find this recipe and I go to work making this cobbler. It comes out of the oven, and what happens? Well effectively nothing. I wanted this to be the second coming of Christ, after tasting, it was more like the 5th coming of Melvin. In other words, not so good. I think the blackberries were just not sweet enough, and I think it was because there was no junk laying next to it.

I mean why else would that be? We have had enough rain and sun. The only thing I can think of is they didn't have that old, bald tire or chicken wire or rusted piece of tin underneath it. What do you think?

No comments: