Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me

I got a card from my mother for my birthday, enclosed she wrote about me. Here is what she wrote.

The day of June 13, 1975 comes to mind. An oil rig in the Gulf (of Mexico) on fire for days. No one was able to contain it until you were born. At the exact time of your birth, the fire stopped mysteriously. You were and are the Miracle Worker born with the veil. Never forget your impact on this world.

Love Mom

And the cat had 5 kittens under our bed!!

What can i say? My mother is a person who holds on to some superstitions. Still it is hard to take that and NOT think "man, I should run for president, or something". I think that is the job of a mother... to inflate one's ego. I love her, and I know she loves me. Thanks mom, thanks for having me...

No comments: