Monday, June 7, 2010

I Might Be a Drunk

I'm wondering... I'm I an alcoholic? My grand father on my dad's side was, but am I? I ask this because when I buy beer, the one with the highest alcohol content is usually the one I get, but that seems like child's play. I'm starting to get my kicks elsewhere. I've made limoncello, I've thought about making more. I mean hell, I could drink a bottle of limoncello like it was nothing. Ok I was wrong, I got pretty messed up on that stuff.

What I'm getting at is... am I addicted??? I can go days without a drink, that is hardly a problem, but I'd rather not... I'm just saying, or maybe I'm trying to justify, I really don't know. Ok actually, this limoncello is having an effect on me. But what I'm trying to say is, normal beer is affecting me about as much as nothing, so I wonder if my tolerance has built up or am I imagining things?

I'm no pantywaist when it comes to beer drinking, obviously... I'm a bit more girly when it come to the hard stuff. But I answered the question for myself, I don't think I'm addicted, but there is potential. When I started writing this I felt almost impenetrable from alcohol's power, but now I know different, because I felt the morning after, and the high of the night before... and the sickness in-between.

I haven't felt that in a long time, and that is pretty good, because I don't want to be a slovenly drunk, but I do like to have a drink now and again. Now I know that if I drink too much (at least that is what I keep telling myself) that I won't be able to control it... and that would be bad.

No comments: