Monday, May 24, 2010

Yummy Sand

So over the weekend, we went to the beach. Which was good, I mean for me it really depends on what beach we go to... see we kind of ditched the rolly cart, because it wasn't the right kind and it became a draggy cart, which is never fun. So until we get a new one, we said we would have to go to Hunting Island, why? Mainly because of where you park. And we have so much stuff,

Ok so we drive all the way out there. Which typically means at least one stop for some grub. We had to stop twice, Once to get some breakfast (McDonald's... Value menu) and the other for some lunch (Publix for some fresh fruit and fried chicken). Mmm, yum who doesn't like fried chicken with their fruit? This was also my youngest's first time... at least from a standpoint of actually get out into it, feeling the sand and water. So what does she do?

If you guessed eat the sand... then you are right!





It was funny how it didn't phase her at all. It was like she was eating pudding or grits. She just kept shoveling it in. Well not really, I mean we didn't let her get past the first handful, but it is not from her lack of trying. Still over all I was very pleased with us going to the beach, which is not all that often. I look forward to going again.

2 comments:

Alex said...

One of my favorite beaches...although I haven't tried the Sand Platter.

The Shrimp Shack (across the bridge from the park) has great shrimp burgers if you're looking for snacks on the way.

Mad Hatter said...

Yeah, I don't know why I like that beach more than others either... maybe it is the fact that most won't go there, I mean you get the Beaufort crowd, but not so much the HHI crowd... but who knows.

Haven't stopped yet... but now I have a reason too.