Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Songs

So this month's writing assignment is pretty simple: pick out what songs, Christmas songs, are special to you, and post them. It could be a top ten, it could be embeddable (like I'm doing), you could sing your very own Christmas song if you like, though I doubt anybody will actually do that.

So here I go, mine is a list, but not really in any particular order, other then my family. I went around the house and asked what is your favorite Christmas song? Below are the answers I received.

1st I asked the songbird, (3-year-old) She said Jingle Bells, Why? Because she knew all the words, pretty much.



Next I asked the teenager. She said 'I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas'. Why? I have no clue...



Next it is the wife's turn, She said 'Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire' Why?
She said she just liked it. Also mentioned it had a simple message and smooth melody (after singing it for everyone to hear). So there you go.


Next there was me (the baby is too young and the dogs can't talk). I say 'It's The Holiday Season' for no other reason than it has that loopy "hoopdey do" in the song.



And finally there is this one... not a classic, or one that everyone knows the words to, or anything really, but it is kind of fun to see those people from long ago and look at them now (Boy George and George Michael come to mind)

No comments: