Saturday, December 5, 2009

I Did It Again

I know I shouldn't have, but the irritation inside me could not take it. When you see posts I make here, they are thought out, and for the most part, proofread. What I mean is, I have my wife re-read what I post, so I am clear about what I want to say. So the other day, I saw something on Bluffton today(you can see it too, here) and I had to reply.

I know that it solved nothing, I know that nothing will change, but I had to say "I told you so". And it was on the fly, and so words didn't really come out the right way. I get all the words in there, but they don't always come out the right way. I liken it to a water tower (the words) and instead of a nice big pipe to get the water where it needs to go, I have a leaky straw (delivery) and this is caused by... well you know what caused it.

I and others have tried to tell you, you being the people who voted for the referendum... that if you vote no, they will have to come back with another plan...one that worked. You didn't listen, and now there will undoubtedly be yet another referendum because we need it. Move attendance lines first then build what is needed. Instead we build, and then we move people willy nilly. I blame the general public, not the buffoons/idiots in the school board. We said all of this would happen years ago...

So you see in red what I meant to say, but they are not there in the original post. Sorry for that, I guess that is one of the reasons I quit posting there. You can't really think outside of what everyone else is thinking, or one smarmy blogger can take a very small lack of punctuation, and turn it into something completely different. And that is ok, I mean that is on me. Clearly I need to work on that a bit more.

But if you think about it the North of the Broad high school situation is crazy, and it is crazy because we (the public) didn't say to the school board... "Um no." So we will have to have another referendum. Our area is/or will be 5 elementary schools (a 6th one is scheduled, but I don't think they'll do it now) 2 middle schools all feeding one high school.

Let me break it down

NOB

11 elementary schools
4 middle schools
3 high schools (this includes Whale Branch High School, not open yet)

SOB

11 elementary schools
3 middle schools
2 high schools

So what is the problem? It all seems pretty close right? Well except NOB has a less dense population, whereas Bluffton is busting at the seams (school-wise). And NOB has high schools within 5 miles of each other. Another referendum is coming. And that is fine, so long as what is needed is on there and not "stupid shit" or something for everyone. I would be behind a new high school, but I'm afraid of all the stuff that will be tact on to the bill, the something for everyone that will make this a no go for me. And my kid starts high school next year.

As for the posting on BT. Well I keep wanting to reply, but at the last minute I don't. I don't want to look like someone who is mad, sad, deranged, or otherwise. I keep telling myself you really can't/shouldn't worry about fights on the internet. You'll just looked retarded whether you win or loose anyway (nothing against retards)... and I think I look stupid enough already.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

MH:
I have to hand it to you...that poster is worth the price of admission...and all too true.

Been through that a few times...(ugh) and to me, it's become a waste of time and typing (especially when arguing with idiots (wow...good name for a BOOK...LOL)

I don;t knwo the specifics of your educational system , but having married a teacher brings a good perspective to what is ebing doen RIGHT...and WRONG.
I also have the "brain moving faster than the hands can keep up{ thing going on most times...
(about the onoy thing moving with cat-like speed on me these days...LMAO)

One thing to watch for regarding referendums...the politicos will KEEP tossing "their" agendae at the public, until the people get weary, and vote for ANYTHING to shut them the hell up...

Not the best way to do "business"...but sadly, often the ONLY way.

THEY work for YOU...not the other way around.
Remember that.

Good post.