Sunday, December 27, 2009

I Endorse... Kids in the Bed

Well, it has come to an end, that is the driving of my daughter to school. Ah yes, I'll get a few extra winks in the morning... maybe. But something else happened, she the songbird, made herself a comfortable bed, right between her mother and myself and went back to sleep. This was at 5:20 in the morning.

Usually when she gets up like that there is crying involved. This time, nothing. I put my arm around her, kissed her, and we both drifted in-between sleep and being awake. That is until the tickle monster showed up.... and the bad toe nail. You know, the one that shows up and rubs you the wrong way. Then it is over. Because that is when the tickle monster gets you, when you least expect it.

One finger just lightly brushes across a sensitive body part... and it is on. Who will win I have no idea... I don't even think there is a winner. But once the monster shows up, you might as well get ready to go.

First she starts to tickle me, then I tickle her... inadvertently tickling her mother, my wife, and there is no coming back from that. So we all tickle each other until we gave all we had. And we finally gave up, and got ready for the day. But for that brief moment in time, we were happy, very happy in fact. Which is why I do not recommend letting your kids sleep in the same bed, except for those occasions when I do. You can understand me right?

No comments: