Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Guilty Pleasure = Travian

My guilty pleasure is playing Travian internet game. It is a really drawn out and long process... and takes months before you can do anything, but for some unknown reason, I can't stop playing it. You start out as one of three races, Roman, Teuton, or Gaul. After that you pick a spot for your city and begin to build it up. This is a war game, so with that being said your or others feeling are going to be hurt from time to time.

That is why it is good to make friends with you neighbors, otherwise you'll have lots of uninvited company over all the time. So why bother, I mean what is this all for? I'm really not sure, I guess I could walk away from it, but I don't want to. Of course eventually it will end, as it has to. You amass the right armies and equipment and whatever, and then the powers that be will provide their own armies and you have to fight it out to see if you can win.

Now I am far, far away from all of that... in fact I'm just now getting over my 3rd or 4th wipe out because it just kind of goes like that. You build up you resources, wheat, lumber, iron, and clay while making your army bigger and eventually you get some other like minded individuals and form an alliance. From there on it is really up to you. Conquer or be conquered so to speak. I have heard of people just getting on it to be "farms" to other more powerful players, I can't imagine why though.

Yes it really is a guilty pleasure. I really can't justify it, but I keep coming back to it. So there must be something about it.

No comments: