Thursday, May 14, 2009

Change That Tire

Ok I have been telling the wife for weeks now that we would need to get new tires for our van sooner rather than later. Oh my God! Do you know how much that costs? To get a relatively middle of the road tire (four of them), and have the alignment done, north of $750.

Well my mind was made for me when my wife got up one morning and discovered one of her tires flat, it had a screw in it. And it could have been patched, but the wear bars were starting to show (the van has almost 55,000 miles on it). So we went ahead and did get the new tires. But first I had to get the spare on to get her to work.

So I told her to get our daughter to school (the three-year-old) and by the time she comes back, I should have everything done. And I did... sort of. I had to find a cheater bar to break the lug nuts loose, and I had to get the jack to come out. But I was putting the spare 'doughnut' tire on as she pulled in the driveway.

But I was only finishing up. I still had to get a shower and go to work. My day had only begun. Later that day my wife called me to tell me what it would cost to get all four tires and an alignment, I told her that was a good price... considering, and she went after school to get them put on.

Now you would think that is the end of the story, but it is not. Now there is some kind of "noise". a kind of flap, flap, flap sort of noise. Except nothing, that I can see, is flap, flap, flapping. The car is going back to the tire place to see if they can figure out what is wrong.

No comments: