Monday, May 4, 2009

Mosquito Control...Not

So I went on a walk with my two dogs, right out my back door, along the side of the pond, and it must be mosquito season, because they lit me up like a a fire. Lord have mercy. I'm talking swarmed. It was unbelievable. I'm from New Orleans, I am used to some mosquitoes, in fact we used to chase behind the mosquito truck all the time. I have never experienced what I went through the other day. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to live in this hell.

I was still in my work clothes, which is a long sleeved shirt, and khakis. The only exposed part of my body was my hands and head, and man oh man... they had a field day. And I was swatting and waving and trying to move... it really did bring back memories of cheap B movies like this:



I hope mosquito control gets their act together, because this is crazy.

No comments: