Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Next Year

Ok, so everybody who bothered to look knows by now, my dog didn't win the ugly dog competition. He got second in a really light field. Something weird about odd numbered years, because he has never won in an odd year. And he was really putting on a show this time. Rolling around in the dirt, wet hair, the hole 9 yards... But he came up only 2nd. Oh well, I think the crowd knew who was ugliest that and in my heart I know who is ugliest too.

See way back, almost 4 years he was in the 'Top Dog' competition. He lost that too, but I...or rather he was vindicated by the ugly dog contest. He has won the ugly dog in 2008 and 2006, he got 2nd in 2009 and 2005, 3rd in 2007. He is a top ranking dog, but what I can't get anyone to understand is, we like ugly, we want to be ugly, we relish it. But I lost count of how many people told us, he is not ugly. I really don't want to hear that crap. He is ugly, and he will be found to be the ugliest dog again. Because next year is an even year, and we know what happens then. And don't say he is pretty, or handsome, or that you like him anyway. We don't want to hear that.

He is ugly, and I love him for it. The End.

See you next year.


1 comment:

Alex said...

He looks determined in that pic...determined to come back strong and extra-ugly next year!