Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My 3-Day-Weekend

Well I finally did it. I broke down and bought a bedroom set. We have been talking about it and going over it... since we met, 4 and a half years ago. But we couldn't justify spending that kind of money on us, sure we could get new sofas or a new bedroom set for the kids, but it seemed silly to spend money on ourselves.

When you think about it, that is just crazy, and finally we went ahead and did it, and we are in the process of painting our bedroom, wiring up a ceiling fan, and pretty much anything else. So I'll have the furniture this Saturday, and the room has been painted, which my daughter thinks is "fun". I cannot tell you how un-fun painting a room is to me, but trust me, it is not on my top ten funnest things to do list.

So my big holiday/3-day-weekend was spent, watching it rain, and rain, and rain... and getting a new bedroom set, which then turned into painting the room, things just seem to happen that way. One day we seem to never be getting anything to the next everything is pretty much done. I post some pics when I have them, it is an "island theme" which has nothing whatsoever to do with me, but I supply the muscle, so I guess it does have something to do with me after all.

No comments: