Thursday, April 30, 2009

Being Green

Or not really. I just thought of green, because a neighbor offered the use of his power washer. He did so, (and I appreciate the thought) when he saw me and my 13-year-old scrubbing the side of my garage. I really don't subscribe to being "green" because in order to do something there has to be some sort of trade off. Whenever those trade offs can benefit me, or I can live with them, then I will, if I can't well, then I don't bother with it.

So back to scrubbing the outside of the garage. A little bleach, water, and elbow grease go a long way. And I actually have a power washer in the garage. But that is beside the point. I could power wash if I wanted too, but I really didn't want to go through all the trouble. The hooking it up, spreading it out, and not to mention it would take longer.

But something else bothered me about the whole thing, you see, the people next to me, are recycling (or so they say) and it would take a lot more water with the power washer than about half a bucket of water with bleach and scrub brushes. That's not very green is it? Oh well, the garage is now minty fresh with a smell of swimming pool, and I can worry about something else. Right?

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

A "minty-fresh" garage...ROFL!

That's funny.

B.G.