Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Strange Wanderings of a Late Night

I woke up about 4:30 yesterday morning, and I don't know if I had a bad dream or not, but I couldn't get my mind off things at work. I'm not really worried about me getting the axe, at least not yet. I'm talking about a massive shut down... or a sell-off. And my mind wandered from there. Again it was probably the late night seeping into my head.

I wondered about what I would do, where I would go, that kind of thing. There is no issue of finding work, but the work I would find likely wouldn't be anywhere around here. So a moving truck would be involved and then what about my wife's shot at her dream job? And what about the house? What about the new baby, the old baby, and the big baby? And though it ranks pretty low on the worry list, what about the blog jam? So many things to worry about, and I pick that, I swear... my mind was wandering aimlessly.

At first I hoped they (the company I work with) would sell-off... but then I wondered if that is really a good idea. There is no guarantee in any line of work, especially mine. But you never really can say. I think it's just worries about nothing, but I wasted 2 hours thinking about it. Strange isn't it?

Anyway, here's to keeping your job... if you can.

No comments: