Saturday, April 18, 2009

Squirrels

Strange subject isn't it? I was going into work and I see them all the time. I don't really get that zig zagging they do in the street. I mean they don't do that when something is after them... they just go up a tree. I'm sure it has something to do with their genetic make-up. Some how, when they see something big, like a car, coming for them they think they should zig-zag in place until The car is right on them, and then take off.

What it really does is make the person inside the car scared they are going to hit said squirrel and maybe even swerve to avoid it, which catches the squirrel off guard and he should have zigged instead of zagged and he winds up getting hit anyway.

Why do they do this? I guess they need to, whether it is a death wish or some kind of hero mentality, the squirrel is going to do whatever the squirrel does. Why should we get in the way? I say don't slow down/stop for a squirrel. If he makes it or doesn't it should be of no concern to you. I don't think think the squirrel is talking to all his squirrel buddies telling them what a great person you are for stopping.

There is no honor there, hell a squirrel is just a bushy tailed rat. Nobody cares about a rat. That's not to say we should go out of our way to hit them, I'm just saying for whatever reason, just let it be. They are one of the few creatures that are actually growing in number. So enjoy this little video and worry not about the squirrel...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ahhhh. these tree rats are little down here. We grow much bigger up Nawth. And they are packing heat too. Times are getting ruff, ya know??