Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Garden Update, Redo... This Time for Real

Ok, with all the hub bub about the baby coming, and other less desirable things, like work, I have sort of neglected the whole garden... well not really, just neglected to say anything about it of post pictures etc. I got a little disheartened when a huge gully washer came in and washed out my cucumbers. They are gone, in fact we have had 2 more 3+ inches of rain days since then.

But I didn't plant the other stuff because I thought it was too weak. Good thing I waited. I have peppers coming out my ass. The tomatoes are something of a question mark, however. And that is the whole reason anybody plants a garden right? It seems like they are just too stringy, but then again, I am used to an almost bush, so as always we'll see.

I have some cucumber seeds left over, and I am going to plant them straight into the ground. 1. I don't want to spend any more money on planting them, and 2. I don't think we'll have to worry about freezes anymore. I'd really like to get into to hydroponics at this point, because my garden is little more than a hobby, and it does not make enough to feed my family or trade/sell. That's getting way ahead of myself, and honestly I haven't even priced it. But you never know, still, I will be in the market for another baby bed before a hydroponic system.

So here it is, in it's only somewhat washed out glory. We have two full rows of peppers (we forget which kind) and one row of tomatoes. The garden of 2009 is going to rule... maybe?

No comments: