Thursday, April 23, 2009

Soft Shell Crab Festival

We went to what is probably my favorite festival of all last weekend. That being the Soft Shell Crab Festival in Port Royal. It really has everything, and yet not. The biggest Non thing it has is no kiddie rides, or jumping things or anything like that. I think that is great. You'd think that I wouldn't be like that and I'm not really like that, but let me explain. You see, I didn't go there so my kid can play on whatever. I went for the food, maybe a little shopping, and a beer. They also had some music, and a car show too.



Now I kind of lied just now, they did have have stuff to do for the kids. But it was far enough away that it did not affect me. My kid instead, listened to the music, danced and even tried some soft shelled crab. It was GREAT! My child actually had fun and it wasn't on a huge slide or jumping thing. Awesome!

Now I do have some crowd issues with this place, it really seems like they should put some of the more popular places toward the ends, that might alleviate some of the line congestion. I was having to go through many a line, and that was crazy.

But if you could stop under a shade tree, send your 13-year-old to get your crab, and kick back with a beer and enjoy the surroundings and music, you really can't beat it. Now I have to say something for Bluffton, if they did not have all those kid things so close, then I wouldn't have to take time away from the actual festival to see where my kid is, what my kid is doing, did that other kid kick my kid in the face. Blah, blah, blah... It's crazy, but throw one thing for kids to do and it turns into something completely different. I'm just saying, I'm all for keeping the youngins' busy, but not when it makes me even busier.

Here you see my 13-year-old... is that a smile? and is she dancing? In public? Oh how scandalous!!! I don't know who that is she's dancing with, but both of them look like they are having fun.

No comments: