Saturday, April 25, 2009

How I Came To Be (part 1)... Or Do My Socks Match?

This is a two-part post dealing with... me. I got the idea after a friend made a joke about my father. You'll find out the joke and maybe even his picture in the second part. I know I'm leaving you on the edge of your seat, so here goes.

There is a bit of controversy on my beginnings. Actually it starts as my father's sin. You see I was not my father's 1st, or even his 2nd or 3rd. I was his 4th born, but my mother's 1st. It is a long story, and I still don't know all of it, but I'll try to piece it together and thus give you, the reader, a glimpse into my and my parents lives.

You see my father was married to a not so very nice woman. Now whether he made her that way or not is up for debate, but for all intents and purposes she was not nice. I guess he felt trapped. And when a man feels that way, he looks for a way out. He goes out at night, telling his wife god knows what, I never really did get the details, and he meets my mother. (probably at a bar... it was the 70's after all).

My mother is like 8 years his junior, and she was from what I hear... pretty hot. Now my mother did not know anything about my father being married, or that he had three kids, or anything (according to my mother). But anyway, my mom was the flower child, my father was more like 'Leave It To Beaver' so you could already see the tension building.

I think it is important here to stop and say I do not blame anyone or hate anybody, I'm just telling it, how I know it and there are parts left out or things I got wrong. This is just my side (which isn't even a side yet... as I'm not yet born).

So my dad was transformed from clean cut, flat top kind of guy, to... basically a hippie. But that's not what I'm here to talk about right now. I'm here to talk about how he got busted, how he left his wife, and what my mother did afterward.

He got caught, and let's be honest, they always get caught, at a motel, with my mom (that part kind of makes me wonder... if my dad was single, why would they have to go to a motel?). Anyway he was caught, and his then wife beat on the door, making my older sisters and brother beat on the door too. My dad answers the door... wearing his socks and nothing else. I can only imagine what that looked like. I really don't know if that helps or hurts my father's image. I hope at least that his socks matched.

No comments: