Tuesday, April 7, 2009

You Have What You Have

Ok so a rough week put behind me. Vindication is so sweet. But still, I have those evil demons at work put behind me, and I can focus forward now. I got a new baby on the way. Things with my other kids are... somewhat normal now. Everything is starting to look up again.

I tend to look at things in the worst possible light, and they never are that bad. But it is all good, because at least I was prepared for it. Still, it is anything but a quiet ride. There is the longer lasting thing to worry about. I went back on the Lexapro. Not because I wanted to, but the situation would look bad if I didn't. That and the doctor recommended it... But I made a promise to him and myself, that I wouldn't stay on it so we'll see.

So though I am back on the medicine, I don't think it will be for long. In fact I don't think I need it at all, but because everybody is hounding me, I'm going to give it an honest try. I'm reminded of an old saying, I don't really remember the actual saying but the gist of it is this... You can't have what you have, without going through everything you have gone through. You know what I mean?

I wouldn't be what I am without everything, good and bad, happening to me that's already happened. Knowing that, it makes me humble, apologetic, and an all around lucky guy. Life keeps changing, and for the most part, that is good.

1 comment:

Aunt Bea said...

Congrats on the vindication at work AND the new baby!

Seems like you've hit a good cycle again... and, you deserve to!