Monday, April 27, 2009

I've Been Thinking

I've been thinking a lot. Like more than normal... maybe. Anyway my mind wanders constantly. And I don't know if that is good or bad really. Like this morning, I have basically three options for my ride in to work. I could put the radio on NPR to hear the news, I could put on the the CD player or Ipod, or I could just turn everything off, and listen to road noise.

I chose road noise this morning. I couldn't take whatever is the current problems in the world, and I really didn't want to listen to any CD, so peace and quiet, besides the sounds of traveling the road were for me. It's not like that everyday, and I guess that is good. Heck I remember when I was coming back off my stroke how happy I was that I could drive and listen to something again. But sometimes I just want to travel with my own thoughts instead.

I think about all kinds of things, and maybe I'm not alone in this, but then again maybe I am. I think about old friends, new friends, school friends.... pretty much if I've met you and spent anytime around you then I think about you. I think about other stuff too, like death, what I'm having for dinner, my family, or all of the above.

But the strange thing is, I really can't remember any of it. Is it worthless brain chatter, or does it actually serve a purpose?

No comments: