Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Cost of Living

I've opined here about the cost of living, especially the price it costs to fill up your gas tank. But now I think they, the "they" being big business, or government or whatever, broke me. I just don't have it in me to bitch about it anymore. I also think that this is in part my own fault anyway. I don't have to live where houses go for 2 or 300,000 (on the low end). I don't have to be close to the beach (if you consider 20 minutes "close"), I could live elsewhere, but I like it here, and I have work here.

Thus I live here, and I can choose beans over steaks, I can't really do anything about it. Maybe my recent trip to the beach has softened me, I'm not sure, but you pay what you pay and if you don't like it, you can always move. I'm not trying to sound blasé about it, but seriously it's a pretty big country, and while I believe some may be hurting but it's not as bad as it seems... at least not yet.

So I go on as I always did, conserving where I can and perhaps having a vacation every other year, instead of annually. The way it is. Good times will come again. But I believe Americans in general have had it good for far too long, too much credit card debt, mortgages, you name it we've got it. It's time that we get serious about our debt problem.

No comments: