Thursday, May 29, 2008

15 Minutes of Peace

I went out for lunch the other day. When I say I went out, that just means I went outside, I didn't
go to McDonald's or anything like that. What a peaceful time! I listened to a mocking bird pouring its heart out, I smelled the sweet air, I watched in a nearby pond all the minnows swimming around, I felt the sun on my back trying to burn... basically I just took in everything that was offered. And for just 15 minutes I was somewhere else, though not really.

A brief escape from the grind of working, I bet if you do the same you'll probably want to stay even longer.

2 comments:

Southern Focus Designs said...

If I did that...I wouldn't want to go back to work that is for sure! It would make me want to go to the beach with a fruity drink!

Bob G. said...

MH:
That would be a wise bet on your part...!

SF:
Make that SEVERAL drinks.

;)

B.G.