Thursday, September 29, 2011

SOS

As if the whole new job thing wasn't enough drama, I am forced to deal with teen aged drama, which in my opinion is the absolute worst kind of drama there is. Because wherever that drama lies, more drama is bound to follow. This time (most times come to think of it) it is my wife's turn. Not that it is my wife's fault, because I hold her 100% harmless in this whole thing but she was the focus of my teenager's angst.


Why? Because she can get away with it more so than if she were to give it to me, because I will hurt her. It hasn't gotten to that point in years, and why is that? Because it does not feel very good. It hurts her physically. It hurts me psychologically. It hurts everyone. I don't want to do it, hell I try to avoid it at all costs... But I love my wife and I won't let stupid shit come between me and her.

Sometimes kids are just wrong. And when they are wrong, we as parents need to be there, show them how they are wrong, what they need to do to be right, and positively reinforce them to help so they don't screw-up again. Well most kids would do fine with that... but not all. Not mine. She suffers from SOS (stuck on stupid) and continues to make the same mistakes over and over and over. There is something pathological about it. And I don't have the cure. I don't think anyone does... Just wait, sit and wait.

No comments: