Sunday, September 18, 2011

Soccer Saturday (part 2) on Sunday

Well my teenager had a game on Monday, it wasn't pretty, and she still lost, but it wasn't as bad as the first game, so for that I am happy. There was a complete lack of passing or pretty much anything else. It was really just a bunch of girls kicking the ball, and it just happened to go in our goal once, so the other team won. Yeah, not so good, but we learned from it. Or at least I think we did.

Practice was the next day and the coach drove home the fact that nobody passed the ball. Ball control, it is all about ball control. Which takes me over to the 5-year-old. She had a practice, and she was on defense the rest of the team was on offense at 2 at a time drill (they were supposed to pass the ball and get around the one defensive player). Songbird wouldn't let anyone by her, she was again a superstar.

Now I don't mean to brag, and really I'm not. Songbird doesn't do anything but the instructions given to her. So many kids get it in their head to do whatever they want and not what parents/coaches are telling them to do. She hears the command and carries out the orders given and that is pretty much that.

I was planning on giving the scores of the games... but I got snared by a stomach bug. The teenager and my wife also git the bug, it was not so good. My wife did go with Songbird and she scored twice, and won the game handily.

No comments: