Saturday, April 30, 2011

Off I Go

So I'm going to visit my mother today. Spend some time with her, laugh, maybe help her in whatever way she needs for 6 days. I'll miss my wife and daughters very much, they have soccer games and school work and other stuff I probably can't remember. Still they know I love them and I know they love me. Whenever I take these kinds of trips my mind races through all the "what ifs".  What if my wife finds a new love? Yeah right, but could it happen? Maybe but not very likely (besides I have it on good authority that I am the man of her dreams). What if I'm killed in a plane crash? Well, that would suck, but once you go, well your gone, it is out of my hands unless I can take control of the plane... which I can't. What if while I'm seeing my mom, we are involved with a car accident and someone dies? How about if something happens to one of my daughters or wife while I'm away?

There are a multitude of "What Ifs" and I can't possibly think of them all. So what can I do? Live right, tell everyone how much I love them and then if the worst does happen... then it happens but it doesn't happen without you making sure they know how you feel. It still doesn't shut up the voice of doubt swimming in my head, but you are just going to have to get used to that (if you are me).

I may post like regular or I might be too busy. I really don't know. Or I might die. Whichever it is I will come back (unless it is the dead one) and post about it. Being a zombie blogger doesn't sound like fun, since I'd be more likely to want some brains to eat. Yum, nothing like thinking of that before I get on an airplane. LOL

No comments: