Saturday, September 5, 2009

Rumble in the Jungle

I had a moment the other day, and by moment I mean a time of profound thought. It was during the night, my wife had gotten up to pee or whatever (because you can't tie a pregnant woman down) and I was alone. I hear this ruckus... what is all this ruckus I say to myself.

It was the dogs, put safely away in their kennel, what the hell? It was one dog, the female who goes a little nuts when it starts thundering outside. And poor hairless dog, who takes the rain and thunderstorms with ease. She was attacking him for whatever reason. But it was over as soon as it begun. Whether it was because he got the better of her (as he does any other time) or sense got the better of her, it stopped.

But my wife, napping downstairs because I cannot convince her that I'll be fine, it is the "pleaser" in her, anyway, the dogfight has woke her up, and she covers the dogs with a blanket, and comes back to bed.

What is the profound thought? Why do I have dogs anyway? The hairless one pees on everything, the hairy one freaks out at just about anything, why do I do this? I don't know, but the dogfight reminded me of cat fights under my house in New Orleans. They would last about as long, you would never find the offending party, and they would wake you up, just as you were falling asleep. Pets, phooey!

No comments: