Saturday, September 19, 2009

Don't Worry... Be Happy

We are all pulled a bit thin these days. I have about 1&1/2 hours added to my commute, plus I have to cook, or otherwise provide a meal everyday, the 14-year-old has to pick up slack around the house, and the 3-year-old has to put up with me taking her to bed, giving her a bath, getting her dressed... every single day. It is a bit rough, but I try (sometimes I fail) to keep things upbeat.

Meanwhile my wife is suffering debilitating headaches, bouts of vertigo, and feeling very hot. I don't think I would trade with her, I mean, being on bed rest sounds nice, until you actually have to go through it. Plus you have a certain condition to warrant bed rest. Why a doctor can't say "Hey you need bed rest" for a sniffle nose or anything, well it's just because.

So nobody has any time hardly at all. Not fun, but I guess when you put in perspective, it isn't all that bad. My 14-year-old will learn that hard work eventually pays off, my 3-year-old will learn to put up with daddy a little more, and my wife and I will have another bundle of joy. So be happy is all I'm saying... I think.

No comments: