Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Not So Festive

I went to the Hardeeville Catfish Festival over the weekend. It was something to behold, ok not really. 1st off I thought it would be a bit cooler than it was, but I was literally panting and I really couldn't even talk. Maybe I had some latent effects of the stroke, or maybe it was just that hot.

They had some carny rides, pony rides, and food, but it just wasn't hitting me right. I think it was the lack of trees, or maybe it was the fact that I had to leave my better half at home, who knows, but we just didn't have any fun.

There was supposed to be a mascot of sorts, a Mr. Whiskers was to make an appearance but, we never saw him. We did ride the ponies (well the 3-year-old did) and we were going get something to eat, but I just wasn't feeling it either. So what did I do? Called home and picked up some drive-thru. Not exactly festive, but good all the same.

No comments: