Monday, September 21, 2009

My Beard

I've been growing out off my goatee and have settled for a full beard. Ok not really, at least, not yet. But I do have enough of a beard for the 3-year-old to notice. She pets it when I take her to bed. It is like a two handed type maneuver, in that she pets both of cheeks. I like it... because I just do.

I decided to grow a beard for many reasons such as...

  1. I won't have to shave in the morning, taking precious moments to instead get my daughter ready for school, and since my wife is on bed rest, every second counts.
  2. I wanted to either get the full beard, or shave it all off... I know that sounds weird, but it is true.
  3. I think this will give me a more fatherly look. Not that I need to look more like a father, but sooner or later, you can't look like a spring chicken anymore. Besides, I'm not looking for anything (women, cars, like I have loads of money).
  4. Because my father had a beard, he would still have one, but the radiation treatments took that away (he had cancer a while back but has recovered for it)
I'm sure I could go on. Like how I like ZZ Top, and 2/3 of them had wicked beards. But anyway, I'm growing it because I just want to see if it will look good on me. We'll see, in another week or so... hopefully. and I won't have to worry about ever getting this for Christmas...

No comments: